Because a bare cupboard and an empty fridge are sad sights to behold, the Urban Forager hunts through food & wine shops bringing home tasty morsels that make your kitchen table the best place to eat in town.

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Shut Up and Eat

Am I the only person who thinks restaurant bloggers are bordering on obnoxious?
To the diner who asks which country the short ribs on menu are native to, I can only say this. Who cares! And stop pestering the poor wait staff! Now, I am a woman who LOVES FOOD. I love it, folks. I love to eat it, look at, think about. When The Husband frequently sees a faraway look in my eyes and asks what I am pondering, it is rarely world peace. It’s usually something along the lines of how I would construct the perfect ham sandwich. But come on. It’s time for the restaurant bloggers to pipe down a little bit and stop turning the restaurant industry into a freak-show where patrons don’t come simply to eat, but come instead to gawk at the staff and nit-pick their way through a meal. Is that really an enjoyable eating experience for them? This is one of the reasons the Urban Forager stays out of restaurants. Eating at one brings back bad memories of working at one and having to deal with people who have turned what used to be a leisurely activity (eating) into a competitive sport. Sheesh.

No comments: